Designed by E.F. Kysor, the Perry residence was erected in 1876 in the Boyle Heights section of Los Angeles for lumber barron William Hayes Perry. The classic Greek Revival Italianate building was accepted in its era as one of the finest, most expensive homes in the city. In 1975 the house sat neglected and vandalized in its original location and was moved to Heritage Square by its owners, the Colonial Dames Society of America. In 1995 the house was deeded to the Heritage Square Museum, where restoration was ongoing.
Please click on the image to view in high resolution.