Located three doors south of Foothill Boulevard on Myrtle Avenue in the heart of the Monrovia, California “old town” commercial district is The Leven Oaks. Built in 1911 by L.B. Vollmer The Leven Oaks was envisioned as becoming the best hotel west of the Rockies. The fact that Monrovia was founded by Prohibitionists and was a dry town may or may not have been considered by Vollmer when he opened his hotel. In 2000 the hotel was transformed in to an assisted living facility.